Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Ogden View Post
    Yep I do not have a huge issue with using my Facebook account.. Just on forums and in real life I'm known by my nickname so its easier to use that as my "handle".. Also some like not to post with their real names as sometimes they dont want content or views linked to a name and face (thinking police trolls etc etc).

So to Clarify Geoff.. Can peeps join up as non Facebookers or is that more an exception to the rule.
    You can change the handle used on the forum, independently of the name of the facebook account....so you can post here as Oggy using an account linked to your facebook if you like....so you can avoid making your real name so obvious.

This is mainly a social ride group, that has grown up on a facebook group using real identities....if we maintain some links back to the facebook account then we can leverage the social media tools to extend the forum.....the forum software exposes threads, forums, events, etc as facebook open graph objects which can be "liked" and shared through facebook in addition to the core forum - I'm also doing some work to expose the entire forum back into facebook - http://apps.facebook.com/sydneysriders/?ref=ts

So I'm trying to encourage people to use, or at least link to their facebook accounts as much as possible....and treat those that can't (or really don't want to) as exceptions for the moment - at the end of the day it is open to all.

every time i log out the normal way then try to log back in via the fb link up top, it does the same thing...

also, how do people know whether the next ride is on or not, eg i didnt see any notification last weeks ride was cancelled..... im a little confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Ogden View Post
    Yep I do not have a huge issue with using my Facebook account.. Just on forums and in real life I'm known by my nickname so its easier to use that as my "handle".. Also some like not to post with their real names as sometimes they dont want content or views linked to a name and face (thinking police trolls etc etc).

So to Clarify Geoff.. Can peeps join up as non Facebookers or is that more an exception to the rule.
    I am agree of it and I think that we must be assume the different things that would give you the best part of it and make sure to follow the rules.